ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS FOR HEALTHCARE ORGANIZATIONS
Software that can help uncover the real cause of an event to prevent future sentinel events
Are you able to identify underlying problems
that increase the likelihood of errors?
RCAs are a critical safety improvement and risk management tool. But in many healthcare organizations, they aren’t being conducted frequently enough, fast enough — or used to drive corrective actions.
Solve the Problem at the Source
Riskonnect’s Root Cause Analysis software provides a systematic process for determining the cause of incidents and claims so you can understand the problem, address the issues, and prevent future risks.
- Applies a standardized, data-driven process to the analysis for consistent results.
- Seamlessly integrates claim, incident, occurrence, and cause data for a singular view into events.
- Creates a record, assigns responsibility, and sets due dates for the analysis once a claim or incident is reported.
- Starts the analysis immediately following an event while the details are still fresh.
- Includes built-in collaboration tools to communicate with other departments and stakeholders about the analysis.
- Organizes every analysis into one of four categories – open, in progress, in review, and completed – and can further sort by root cause, type of event, or location.
- Facilitates “Five Whys” analysis.
Documents causal and contributory factors, and creates visual cause-and-effect fishbone diagrams.
- Automatically generates a visual timeline with embedded images and documents.
- Uncovers trends and opportunities for improvement to patient outcomes.
- Displays a breakdown of all causes, which can be sorted by coverage or location – or whether the cause is primary, secondary, or tertiary.
- Leads you to the source of the problem so corrective actions can be taken, which should increase safety, reduce future incidents, and ultimately lower your total cost of risk.
Looking for a permanent fix to
Download our e-book, A Guide to Using Root Cause Analysis, to get the what, why, when, and how of root cause analysis – and start digging deeper for better results.
How’s Your View?
Find out how
Riskonnect can transform
the way you view risk.